Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quotes From This Crazy Girl in Defensive Driving

This blog is about Defensive Driving.

I was framed about a month ago and given a speeding ticket so I gave Ceaser what Ceaser was due and decided to take defensive driving. Around the same time, I found out that one of my best friends in the whole world was a traffic offender, too! "How fun," we both said! We could do defensive driving together!!

So we marched right on down to Capital City Comedy Club at 9 a.m. this morning and sat through 6 hours of painless reiteration of important driving laws presented by a standup comic. We learned a lot and felt really bad for the people who do it online.

p.s. this blog isn't about defensive driving class. It's about a GIRL who was IN our defensive driving class who I'm going to guess had an LSD addiciton.

Per the teacher's request, the students did a lot of talking. After "Amy Winehouse" opened her mouth the first time, I knew it would behoove me to write down every word she said so that I could post a blog about it later...I had a sense that her first comment wouldn't be her last. And as the day progressed, her anecdotes seemed more and more drug-induced, as if the horse tranquilizer she took at 9 had an "extended release" layer that disolved around 1.

So without further ado, the quotes in context:

1. On littering:

"Yeah and don't throw old apple cores out your window either because they'll think you put drugs inside the apple and search your car."

2. On driving while tired:

"I get tired when I ride in cars or when I drive cars and so one time I just closed my eyes for a second and ran into someone."

3. Still on driving while tired:

"One time I was with my friend and I fell asleep while I was driving and my friend was like 'whoa I couldn't even tell you were asleep'"

4. On hitting animals while driving:

"One time in Alaska, I hit a moose. A big ass moose."

5. On driving under the influence:

"The difference between a DWI and a DUI is...one is for drugs."

6. On bikers taking up lanes:

"I hate that bikes have the right to the road here."

7. On Alaskan thoroughfares:

"In Alaska, the road goes two ways."

8. On road rage:

"I watch True TV a lot and on almost every episode a cop gets runover."

"I think it's real stupid when people get mad at you."

"I'm not a bad driver, I just get angry."

9. On collisons:

"Airbags hurt. Plus you have to pay way more to get your car fixed when the front's bent in...but, I guess living is worth it."

10. On running out of gas while driving:

"When I ran out of gas, my brakes didn't work anymore, and I had to run into the thing you take your order on at Sonic to stop the car."

5 comments:

  1. Funny stuff, the most ironic part is that she passed defensive driving....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Why does that chick have a driver's license?

    By the way, one time we were behind some very obnoxious fans at a UT basketball game, and I went ahead and wrote down everything they said because I wanted to blog about it... but I never did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. She ran out of gas at Sonic, huh? Seems like buying a tank of gas might have been a smarter idea than a buying a cherry limeade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I had read this blog before last night, the story was so much better listening to you and Lindsey recap. hahaha Love it. It makes me want to go to defensive driving.

    ReplyDelete